The roofing of a new residential building or the re-roofing of an existing home represents a significant investment for any homeowner. But it not only enhances the look of the property, it also benefits the value of your home.
WHEN YOU NEED A FULL-SERVICE ROOFING COMPANY
DCM Roofing takes care of every aspect of residential roofing. Whether you are building new, getting an old roof repaired or replaced, or want some skylights or sky-tubes installed for extra light – we do it all.
Our roofers are qualified, skilled and committed to excellent work. We use only the best products and guarantee our workmanship. DCM Roofing’s founder-director Iain McPhail is a Licensed Building Practitioner, which means he’s been assessed as competent to carry out and supervise restricted building work. That includes important and critical residential building work. He stands by everything we do.
How does your residential roofing project flow? The process starts with an on-site consultation and in-depth discussion with you to make sure we understand your needs and expectations. This is followed by a detailed proposal of suitable options and a no-obligation quotation. Our quotations are free* and include removal and disposal of used materials. We talk you through the process and keep you in the loop at all times.
We’re a one-stop roofing specialist in every sense of the word. We help you find the best solution, source the most appropriate products and do the installation expertly – including providing scaffolding. There’s no need for you to deal with a whole troop of different contractors – we do it all!
Our residential roofing services include:
- New roofing and re-roofing – Colorsteel roofing, tile or slate.
- Cleaning, repairing and replacing spouting/rainwater systems/downpipes.
- Long-run Colorsteel or Colorcote prepainted steel (in a range of colours, profiles and products) custom-made to each client’s requirements.
- Corrugated iron roofs and cladding.
- Zincalume (unpainted zinc/aluminium alloy coated steel)
- Emergency roof repairs – we’ll do an expert repair job promptly with minimum disruption.
- Slate roof installation and repair.
- Concrete tile repair and replacement; pointing and re-bedding of hips and ridging.
- Specialist leak repairs – quick response and repair with minimum disruption.
- Membrane roofing – is typically used on roofs and decks. Butynol and Butylclad are synthetic rubber membranes that offer excellent protection against heat, sunlight and the ozone.
- Wall cladding – we recommend options that are aesthetically pleasing and ensure your home stays weather-tight.
- Skylight installation and custom-made skylights. You’ll truly ‘see the light’ with these attractive additions.
- Sky-dome installation.
- Loft/Attic ladder installation.
- Clear-light roofing – transform your outdoor living areas, pergolas or garage with this functional addition.
- Asbestos roof removal and disposal – we are licensed and qualified to perform asbestos removal safely and professionally.
- Painting of existing concrete and steel roofs.
- Timber and steel fascia installation or replacement.
- Insulation – Pink Batts insulation keeps homes warm in winter and cool in summer.
We also have a range of scaffolding options for use on all our jobs, where required, or for hire (including delivery and installation). Plus, we have scheduled guttering and spouting services.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR ROOF
We were asked for a quote to paint a steel roof. The house was 55 years old. The roof had lead-head nails popping out and there was rust. Sure, we could have slapped on some paint to hide the obvious defects but that’s a short-term solution to a long-term problem. We are professional roofers with 20 years’ experience, so we advised a re-roof.
A WARNING FOR OLDER HOMES
Half of all Christchurch homes are older than 60. This means every second roof in Christchurch is nearing the point where it will struggle to stay watertight. When these elderly roofs start to fail, the number of homeowners wanting repairs or re-roofs will increase and you will end up paying more. Today is the best day to ask us for a roof assessment, for your home’s peace-of-mind.
Your roof is too important to do-it-yourself. Our decades of experience ensure it’s done right.
We have the tools, materials, and skills for your roofing project. Our efficiencies save you money.
Working at height is a skill. We have the expertise and equipment to stay safe on your roof.
Frequently Asked Questions
MY ROOF IS OLD. SHOULD I REPLACE IT?
That’s one option, but there are other ways to extend the life of your roof. Once we inspect the roof, we can advise which option is best.
WHY DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN SCAFFOLDING?
It means your roofing project is not delayed waiting for someone else’s scaffolding crew. Juggling sub-trades is not a headache you need.
WHAT WILL IT COST TO REPAIR MY ROOF?
That depends on many factors, but one thing is certain – fixing your roof today will be cheaper than leaving it until tomorrow!
DO YOU ROOF OUTSIDE OF CHRISTCHURCH?
Yes. From Ashburton to Hanmer Springs, our team is happy to bring their roofing tools and expertise to your city, town, or rural roof.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ‘FREE*’ QUOTATIONS?
In a few circumstances (we tell you in advance) to prepare a roofing quotation, there are costs we incur. Sorry, but we have to pass those costs on.
CAN I REPAIR MY ROOF MYSELF?
Not if you want the manufacturer’s warranty on the products you use. And besides, roofing projects can be complex and dangerous.
We had earthquake damage to the tile roof on our two storey house. DCM Roofing were great with organising drone photos, a report, quotation and helping us gain EQC approval for repairs. We are very happy with the outcome and have no hesitation in recommending their services. The roof looks great!
Get Started with Residential Roofing
Please tell us your name: